5 Post Shoot Tips
After a shoot:-
- Get your photos off your card straight away – do not leave over many shoots! Cards corrupt… you may loose ALL YOUR WORK!
- Create a folder structure which is easily searchable – maybe with keywords and dates in the folder name
- Make a backup on a second hard drive
- Import the photos into Lightroom – apply appropriate keywords to them at this stage (including meta data about you, your copyright etc)
- Go through each shot quickly and rate them out of 5 – easy in Lightoom (caps lock on – library mode – hit numbers to go through each shot)
It may seem a pain – but doing these steps up front makes managing much easier